Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Socks for Christmas

My sister-in-law asked if I could knit her a pair of socks, and I was more than happy to do that. The socks needed to be almost knee-high, but otherwise I could decide the color and the pattern myself. So I decided to make these lace socks:

Yarn is plum-colored 7 Brothers, 3½ mm needles, pattern: Novita sukkalehti, size 39, consumption: 151 grams
I like the pattern, the lace pattern was easy to remember and they were quite quick to make. Or I had time to make them when I had the flu and stayed at home and rested.

Here you can see the lace pattern more clearly:

I like the fact that the lace continues in front all the way through.

I also knitted another pair of socks for my niece who is 2½ years old. I did some research and concluded that size 26 socks would be ok for someone her age.

Basic socks with stripes
The yarn is 7 Brothers and 7 Brothers stripes, 3½ mm needles, yarn consumption 56 grams.

I hope they fit. These will be a Christmas present for her.

Edit: I just calculated that I only have one pair left for this year's challenge. These socks were number 11 and 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment